Cleaning Up After Vandalism Strikes Your Home
Where to Start
Homes, unfortunately, are popular targets of vandalism. If vandals ever strike your property, be careful how you clean up. Improper cleaning can actually result in added repairs and expenses, according to the disaster recovery and restoration experts at ServiceMaster of Edmonton. To help you minimize the damage, ServiceMaster of Edmonton professionals offer these cleaning tips.
- Wash all residues, including that from eggs or other materials, from the building exterior.
- Remove any debris or food from carpets or interior walls. Scrape or blot carpets and furniture. Do not rub.
- Vacuum glass particles from carpet and upholstery. Do not walk barefoot in the area of glass residue.
- Save any information about the type of liquid that was spread over surfaces.
- Make a list of all damages.
- Do not attempt to remove chemical stains such as ink or paint.
- Do not operate damaged electrical appliances.
- Do not throw away damaged wood chips or other small articles. They might be helpful for repair.
- Do not use household cleaning products on fabrics, upholstery or carpet without consulting your professional cleaner.